Downloading and installing MannaSim Framework
The MannaSim Framework is provided in two flavors a ns-2.29 patch
and source code. Detailed instructions for booth distribuctions is
This is the simplest way to install Mannasim in an umodified ns-2.29
distribution. Steps 1-4 will guide installation process:
- Get ns-2.29 all-in-one package from ns site. Click here!.
- Get MannaSim Framework ns-2.29 patch. Click here!
- Type the following command on the ns-allinone-2.29 folder:
patch -p1 < file_name.diff
- Install ns-2.29 as usual typing ns-allinone-2.29 folder:
MannaSim Source Code
In this distribuction, the user is provided with full source code and
should put MannaSim files and ns-2.29 modifications in correct places. This
version is intended for users whose NS-2.29 distribution has already been
Follow the steps presented bellow for MannaSim Source code installation:
- Get ns-2.29 all-in-one package from ns site.
- Get MannaSim Framework tar.gz file. Click here!
- Unpack the tar.gz file into ns-2.29 main folder (if using ns all-in-one distribution
ns-allinone-2.29/ns-2.29 folder). Inside mannasim/ folder just created look for a ns-modified-files/ folder.
where ns-2.29 modified files are stored.
Substitue ns-2.29 files listed bellow by it's MannaSim version stored in
folder in mannasim/ directory.
- In ns-2.29 main folder re-run configuration script and then
re-compile the system:
IMPORTANT: if it's user interest to see detailed information about
each modification, including added code, please click here.
MannaSim TCL Examples
To test MannaSim installation two simulation scripts are provided bellow. The first one simulates
a flat network of homogeneous sensors and the second a hierarchical network composed of
two diferent classes of sensor nodes.
Click on the links to get the TCL code:
- Flat homogeneous network TCL Script.
- Hierarchical heterogeneous network TCL Script.